Completed Redstone Competition!

Discussion in 'Server Events' started by Darren, Jan 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darren

Darren DaRr3n911
    Staff Member Owner

Hey Darcraftians!

We're finally back with a new Server Event! This one is pretty simple - build something that utilizes Redstone in a creative and original way. You can build this in either Survival or the Plot World, but you'll definitely get bonus points for building it in survival.

Here are some ideas for your creation (you do not have to do these):
    - Secret Redstone Door
    - Calculator
    - Town Lighting System
    - Automated Farm
    - Automated Smelter

When you are finished with your creation, please be sure to reply to this thread with either a /dwarp or Coordinates to the creation (example: "Survival, x=524, y=65, z=230"). One submission per player, please.

Submissions for this competition will close on January 14th @ 11:59 PM PT (may be extended).

Prizes include Tokens that can be redeemed for a variety of things (see /tokenshop) as well as a special one of a kind prize for the 1st place finisher! All participants will receive at least 1 Token. You may not form teams for this competition, and you may not submit something that was built prior to the start of this competition.

Good Luck! We can't wait to see what you guys come up with. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in-game or on the Discord server!

- Darren

Sgt.MCmuffy and Blb9556 like this.
  2. Sgt.MCmuffy

Sgt.MCmuffy Active Member

Lol, submission is on my B-day.. That'll be easy to remember. Challenge Aceptado.

3. Bobbywires

Bobbywires Well-Known Member

Is my Lighthouse eligible? its at X 1819 Y 100 Z 4452
    The revolving lights are powered by a daylight sensor and clock. The Beacon Red/Blue color change is powered by a long cycle hopper clock.

4. Darren

Darren DaRr3n911
    Staff Member Owner

It would be, but the building needs to be built after this competition was announced. Sorry. Good news is that you can use this an excuse to experiment with redstone and maybe even add something cool to your base!

5. DaveyPlayz

DaveyPlayz New Member

myne is a hidden piston door (good luck finding it) and a redstone lighting system
    the cords are-
    x=2535
    y=80
    z=4822

6. Bobbywires

Bobbywires Well-Known Member

Redstone Contest Submission X 1785 Y 75 Z 4502:

It’s a horse elevator for an underground stable. It uses 12 pistons mounted vertically to push granite blocks up and down.
    I built double throw, double pole switches above and below ground to raise and lower the platform from ether end.
    The ground level switch is a trapped chest, which is pulse, which had to be converted to switch using a T flip-flop circuit

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    Darren likes this.
  7. drew

drew New Member

its minecart drag racing x=262 y=72 z=3350 hit the buttons near the lamps to start and the ones next to the powered rails to keep going

8. minestormer7

minestormer7 Active Member

I have built a roller coaster that uses a few redstone contraptions inside of it to make the ride more interesting.

You can find it at /dwarp ET if you follow the signs.
    Coordinates are 1775, 30, 2207 in survival if you prefer the location given that way.

Please, follow all the directions given at the starting point. I don't want to have to manually reset some of the contraptions.

9. Wolfy

Wolfy New Member

I have build a Underground lab in Survival.
    The Coordinates are X - 575 / Y - 79 / Z - 5735
    This should send you to a Elevator and once there Press the down button. When you get to the bottom there are four rooms and two hallways. Then at the very end of the two hallways there is a big 3 by 3 door. The password is 1, 3. Once inside there is a lock button and a big computer. I hope you find my Underground lab cool because I worked hard on it :)

10. Kearsy

Kearsy Member
    Staff Member Moderator

I made a minigame in plot world
    cords ( X-418, Y73, Z-604 )
    Signs should explain how it works
    Any problems or questions just ask

11. AwesomeAnimateYT

AwesomeAnimateYT New Member

I have built an a automatic dispenser when it shoots arrow. These are the cords. ( X - 661 Y - 78 Z - 6642 )

Wolfy likes this.
  12. ARC Berry

ARC Berry Active Member

mine is at /dwarp TerisRollerCoasterForContest (forgot to put on here earlier)

13. Darren

Darren DaRr3n911
    Staff Member Owner

Thanks for the submissions! I hope to have the winner and runner ups announced by the end of today (Tuesday 1/16), but if that doesn't end up happening I'll for sure announce them this Saturday at the absolute latest. Looking forward to seeing what you guys built, and let me know if you guys have any suggestions for new events! :D

minestormer7 and Wolfy like this.
  14. Darren

Darren DaRr3n911
    Staff Member Owner

Final Results -

1. minestormer7
    2. Wolfy
    3. Kearsy
    4. Bobbywires

Prizes will be distributed to all players (even those who participated but didn't place) by the end of this weekend! Thanks so much for participating, we really enjoyed looking at all your guys' creations!

Mathias, ARC Berry and Blb9556 like this.
  15. ARC Berry

ARC Berry Active Member

gg mine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.