Introducing Server Events!

Discussion in 'Server News and Announcements' started by Darren, May 21, 2017.

1. Darren

Darren DaRr3n911
    Staff Member Owner

EDIT: View all Server Events by clicking on the Events tab at the top of the page!

Hey Darcraftians!

As most of you know, DarCraft has been up for almost 6 years now. We have tried many different things to improve the server, whether it be through minigames, a seperate server, a new world type to play in, and more. Although most of these new additions never ended up working out, we never stopped giving up on finding ways to improve DarCraft. That's why today I am announcing something to bring more people together on the server - server events!
    On top of the weekly Drop Parties that occur on the server (Saturdays @ 3 PM PST), we are going to be announcing different types of competitions for players to compete in. Whether it be a building competition, a scavenger hunt, a race to finish an objective, or anything else, we want to host tons of different server events to give every player a chance to win and allow everyone to be able to compete! Some events such as a scavenger hunt will require you to attend it in-game at a certain time, but other events such as a building competition can be completed at any point within the time period. Some of the events will be solo, while others will allow you to team up with friends if you choose to do so.
    Participating in these events will allow you to earn Tokens, a new currency that allows you to purchase many different items to use in-game. Rewards include things like monster spawners, elytra, global effects and so much more! Tokens will only be acquirable through attending events, and will not be purchasable in the store or with rupees. Participating in an events will grant you 1 Token, while placing 1st/2nd/3rd will grant you/your team more tokens.
    As you can see, we are committed to improving DarCraft and believe that introducing more server events with tons of variety is a step in the right direction for DarCraft. You are not required to attend or participate in the events, but we sure hope you guys do! The first server event will occur very soon, with more details coming in the next few days. If you guys have any ideas regarding what types of events/competitions we should host, please let us know down below and we may use your idea in the future! Thanks so much for supporting DarCraft, and we hope you are as excited as we are! :D

- Darren

Blb9556, MeowMaddie, Mr. B and 4 others like this.
  2. foxbox13

foxbox13 Well-Known Member

Hopefully you thought about it but bringing back Freezetag and Deathswap would definitely be a great idea to bring back. Maybe a server review competition, where players could work alone or with their friends/team on a short video advertisement that could be shared on social media, of course with a winner reward. Also a laser tag event where players can fight just like any other real life laser tag game.

Thank you for reading and may I suggest commenting on my suggestions. Thanks!

yarinD1 and Darren like this.
  3. Darren

Darren DaRr3n911
    Staff Member Owner

I'm definitely open to all of these ideas, it's just the question of if we can do things like FreezeTag and Deathswap due to the plugins being out of date. We'll have to see but yeah great suggestions

4. BigBoss67

BigBoss67 Active Member

I'm definitely open to trying these events out. I'm sure everyone will love it! I gotta say thanks @Darren for all the stuff you have done for the server your truly amazing along with your fabulous server!

Also a very common mini-game Spleef is always fun. If you don't know what it is you basically have an item and you have to try and destroy the blocks under the player. In some of the Spleef games you also get snowballs (or an item that you can throw).

I always enjoyed FreezeTag is also a great mini-game which Darcraft has had in the past and alot of players enjoyed having FreezeTag (It's basically stuck in the mud in Minecraft). Although we may not be able to get FreezeTag back as the plugin is out of date :/

Cheers,
    ~Tim

Last edited: May 21, 2017
    foxbox13 and Darren like this.
  5. AdamZeDuck

AdamZeDuck Well-Known Member

*cough* good time to use Brookeee's /dwarp baseball arena :)

But in all seriousness a zombie survival game, sort of like the common mob arena, would be great!

BigBoss67 likes this.
  6. GwenDH

GwenDH Member

DarCraft Ninja Warrior

EvaristoGP and Ratty like this.
  7. Ratty

Ratty Well-Known Member

Copied from the discord:
    Suggestion for event: Boats on Ice. You can do a race (which will be chaos) or a kind of bow pvp battle where the goal is to stay in your boat. Last person standing wins

(Or sitting really)

8. EvaristoGP

EvaristoGP Well-Known Member

BUILD BATTLE OMG YASS